Tag Archives: padi open water diver
Scuba Diving to Sky Diving with Devsiri
For the first time in South Asia.. you can now experience Sky Diving in Sri Lanka. From 17th to 20th November 2016 in Koggala.
- Jump off a plane flying at 12,000 feet
- Free fall at a speed of 193 Kmph for 10,000 feet
- 5 to 8 minutes fall with Parachute
- No experience required since it will be a tandem jump with a qualified Instructor
- Navigation and steering of Parachute back to landing point by instructor
- Will receive a valuable certificate of completion
- The Adrenalin rush and amazing experience of Accelerated Free Fall
- After you experience this, you will not be the same again.
- See Sri Lanka from a different angle.
This event is approved by the Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka.
Please mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations, limited spots available !
The Parrot fish family (Scaridae) has approx 95 species of fish, apart from their amazing colors and beauty they are also quite interesting fish. they mostly bite on coral and have a parrots beak like mouth which is how they get their name. This particular Parrot fish in the video below is about 3 feet long. They are mostly considered as herbivores but may not necessarily be vegetarian.
Something very interesting about these Parrot fish are that they make a cocoon from their mucus. Its like a balloon or a sleeping bag they create generally at night for them to sleep inside. This cocoon may be for the purpose of protecting them selves by hiding their scent from predators. It could also be kind of like a mosquito net to keep the parasites off their body. Maybe even like a warning system from potential predators like moray eels, when the cocoon bursts the fish would flee.
For those of you interested in Night Diving, this is some thing to look for, mostly these parrot fish would be in their bubble or cocoon at night.
Eshana starting her PADI Junior Advance Open Water Diver course and Dhanika starting the PADI Junior Open Water Diver course.